Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

Installing AEM 1.8 for macOS(10.12)

Level 1

Hi, I'm just getting started and trying get it setup with

Direct Download | Adobe Experience Manager Desktop

and following this

Adobe Experience Manager Desktop App

I'm installing it on macOS (10.12). I should see the login screen for username and pass, but i just get this after "Mount AEM assets". This happens even if I set my default browser to Firefox, Safari, or Chrome (after quiting AEM Desktop app and reopening of course).

adobe blank.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

Reply from engineering:

This can happen if the targeted AEM instance is not running or cannot be reached from the computer running the Desktop Application. This can also happen if the target is not entered into preferences correctly.

-Kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Administrator

Checking internally!

Kautuk Sahni

Employee

Hey Mike,

Can you check the logs by going to Advanced > Show logs and share the logs if possible ?

Level 1

Can you paste a screenshot of your Desktop App preferences?

This can happen if the URL is not set properly. If the advanced radio button is checked in Preferences, it uses the loginURL otherwise AEM Assets URL. Make sure the URL's are reachable from your browser too

Correct answer by
Administrator

Reply from engineering:

This can happen if the targeted AEM instance is not running or cannot be reached from the computer running the Desktop Application. This can also happen if the target is not entered into preferences correctly.

-Kautuk

Kautuk Sahni