Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Installer overwrites start script during upgrade process 6.3 to 6.5

Level 1

I am trying to upgrade AEM 6.3 to 6.5.

Upgrade of author instance is finished successfully. But I faced with an issue during upgrade of publisher instance.

After I ran upgrade with command:

' java -server -Xmx6144m -XX:MaxPermSize=6144M -Djava.awt.headless=true -Doak.queryLimitInMemory=500000 -Doak.queryLimitReads=550000 -Dupdate.limit=250000 -Doak.fastQuerySize=true -Dsling.run.modes=publish,nosamplecontent,crx3,crx3tar -jar AEM_6.5_Quickstart_base-6.5.jar -c crx-quickstart -p 4503 -Dsling.properties=conf/sling.properties '
installer overwrites start script ( crx-quickstart/bin/start) during upgrade process and switches author configuration (changes port and run mode).

The last output in the upgrade.log is:
03.01.2021 22:00:33.682 *INFO* [com.adobe.granite.quickstart.base.impl.upgrade.UpgradeUtil] UpgradeUtil.java:769 Writing installer state

I don`t see "com.adobe.cq.upgradesexecutor.Activator UPGRADE FINISHED" in the logs.

I tried a few time but with the same result.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

can you please check this run mode in sling.properties

sling.run.mode.install.options=author,publish|crx3|crx3tar,crx3mongo,crx3rdb,crx3tar-nofds,crx3composite-seed,crx3composite|samplecontent,nosamplecontent

this may overwrite with author instance

set this to publish

Dsling.run.modes=publish,crx3,crx3tar

For more details:

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/experience-manager/kb/RunModeSetUp.html

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

can you please check this run mode in sling.properties

sling.run.mode.install.options=author,publish|crx3|crx3tar,crx3mongo,crx3rdb,crx3tar-nofds,crx3composite-seed,crx3composite|samplecontent,nosamplecontent

this may overwrite with author instance

set this to publish

Dsling.run.modes=publish,crx3,crx3tar

For more details:

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/experience-manager/kb/RunModeSetUp.html