Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

install cq5 on window 2008 r2

Former Community Member

After I start script instrv.bat . then I try to start service then i got the error " Windows could not start the CQ5 on Local computer. For more information , review the  system event log." I any one know why , Can you help me out? I try to install the cq5 on the computer .

thanks

Jenny

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

codonvirginia wrote...

HI Fraser,

you can read the link below.

http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/deploying/technical_requirements.html

Yes indeed, and as far as managed server deployment environments are concerned ours are included in that list. However in this case I am running author and publish instances locally (hence my question about OS support), partly for training purposes. Haven't really found anything else that doesn't work ... yet. Its not really a 'big deal', so I'm not going to bash my head against it for long.

Fraser.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Level 8

What did the system event log say?

Windows XP is not a supported operating system so I'm not sure how much success you will have on it. Review and make sure you have the other requirements covered on your system, perhaps: http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/deploying/technical_requirements.html

scott

Former Community Member

Hi scott,

I use window 2008 r2. I can install the service by start the script instsrv.bat but I can not start the service.

The error in event log "The CQ5 service terminated with service-specific error The operation completed successfully.."

Can you help me?

Former Community Member

codonvirginia wrote...

Hi scott,

I use window 2008 r2. I can install the service by start the script instsrv.bat but I can not start the service.

The error in event log "The CQ5 service terminated with service-specific error The operation completed successfully.."

Can you help me?

CQ Version: 5.6.1

OS Version: Windows 7 (Ultimate) 64bit

I also see the same entry in the Windows Event log. The only other details show the param values which are :-

param1: cq5

param2: %%0

Since I am installing on 64bit Windows7 (Ultimate) I followed the install instructions to change the program that is executed from by the install batch file (all occurrences) from prunsrv to prunsrv_ia64. However when running I got this error :-

This version of E:\Apps\CQ5\author\crx-quickstart\opt\helpers\prunsrv_ia64.exe is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need a x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher.

When I changed it back to just prunsrv the batch file ran, and *did* create the service, but I got the error mentioned above when trying to start it ?

Any ideas ?

Kind regards

Fraser

Employee

Is your CPU an Itanium processor?

If not, you should be using the amd64 service (i.e. prunsrv_amd64) instead of ia64.

Remove the service, change to amd64 in the bat file, reinstall it, and see if it runs properly.

Former Community Member

AllDayDev wrote...

Is your CPU an Itanium processor?

If not, you should be using the amd64 service (i.e. prunsrv_amd64) instead of ia64.

Remove the service, change to amd64 in the bat file, reinstall it, and see if it runs properly.

Yes good spot. I made the suggested change and whilst it didn't complain when creating the service it still will not start (same error).

I have found another thread (http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1252764) which is discussing the same issue, so I've a few things to try.

Does it matter that I'm NOT running Windows Server (wouldn't have thought so but you never know ?)

The Windows registry stuff looks pretty much OK. I'm going to try and configure the service to emit Debug info. I'll post back if I make progress.

Any other suggestions very welcome.

Regards

Fraser.

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

codonvirginia wrote...

HI Fraser,

you can read the link below.

http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/deploying/technical_requirements.html

Yes indeed, and as far as managed server deployment environments are concerned ours are included in that list. However in this case I am running author and publish instances locally (hence my question about OS support), partly for training purposes. Haven't really found anything else that doesn't work ... yet. Its not really a 'big deal', so I'm not going to bash my head against it for long.

Fraser.

Level 1

It's been a little while since I had the same issue but it turned out to be an issue with Java version compatibility.  I believe I had to use an older version of Java.  Might want to investigate down that path.

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----