Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Indexing the whole site to SOLR

Level 2

Currently we are trying to index our site (with 40K pages) using a scheduler Job to SOLR server.

I have tried web page scraping using HTMLUnit and Jsoup, but both approaches take 10+s to form the required model object to be sent to SOLR.

I was able to form the model object using ModelExporter (getting jcr:content as JSON) within 1s. This works fine for single page. But when I run using scheduler (which iterates over the pages), it takes 2-3s. 

so the full site indexing takes 24 hours.

Does anyone has any idea on how to do this optimally or any AEM server activity which can speed this up ?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I don't think that there is a faster way to extract this information in a structured way, but you can always run this process in a multi-threaded way. And instead of just thinking of the initial filling of the index, please consider the cases of updates during regular operation.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 2

Hi @Kiran_Vedantam , our old approach (before using model exporter) is from the above links. This took 8s for get the page data. hence moved to model exporter.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I don't think that there is a faster way to extract this information in a structured way, but you can always run this process in a multi-threaded way. And instead of just thinking of the initial filling of the index, please consider the cases of updates during regular operation.