Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Indesign server not generating HTML for indd files

Level 1

Hi

we have an issue when uploading indesign files, the html is not generated, I got this error when uploading the file, we are using AEM 6.0 SP2 with Indesign CC (apps are installed on separate servers)

09/23/15 12:43:47 INFO  [javascript] Executing Script

09/23/15 12:43:47 INFO  [script] Fetching resource from CQ: /var/proxy/jobs/190a 3ab4-7e16-48ed-ae11-c647e102a55c/BIGTHING2.indd

09/23/15 12:43:48 ERROR [server] JavaScript Error!

Error Number: 54

Error String: Uncaught JavaScript exception: This file is already open by another user or another application. This file may be stored on a network server and cannot be opened until the other user closes it.

Engine: main

Line: 457

Source:     cleanup(exportFolder);

I'll appreciate any help

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi Lina Maria Jaramillo

Agreeing with what Scott is saying.

I f you go through the link 2 mentioned by Scott, there is mentioned a caution note stating:- 

CAUTION

"If the InDesign Server is not installed or not configured, then you can still upload an .inddfile into AEM. However the renditions generated will be limited to png and jpeg, you will not be able to generate htmlidml or the page renditions."

I hope Scott's post would help you.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi Lina Maria Jaramillo

Agreeing with what Scott is saying.

I f you go through the link 2 mentioned by Scott, there is mentioned a caution note stating:- 

CAUTION

"If the InDesign Server is not installed or not configured, then you can still upload an .inddfile into AEM. However the renditions generated will be limited to png and jpeg, you will not be able to generate htmlidml or the page renditions."

I hope Scott's post would help you.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni

Level 10

Here is a new community article that addresses this use case. 

http://blogs.adobe.com/jlockman/tag/indesign-server/

Here is the docs:

https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-1/administer/content/assets/indesign.html

This may be a configuration/network issue. First article states:

"need to ensure that you have configured your AEM Author environment to work with InDesign server according to the documentation"

Level 1

Hi

I found the original issue, as you mentioned it was a configuration issue, as AEM and indesign are installed on different servers I needed to configure a proxy /etc/cloudservices/proxy.html

but know I'm having another issue I'm getting this error Object does not support the property or method 'SIZE_RELATIVE_TO_TEXT_FLOW'

any ideas what can be causing it? I cannot find anything related

Thanks

Lina