Expand my Community achievements bar.

In RTE dialog after switching to SourceEditMode, then clicking outside of the dialog RTE-toolbar dissapears

Level 2

Is this a known issue for AEM? Are there maybe some fixes for it or ideas on the best solution?

11 Replies

Level 10

Does the toolbar disppear if you do not do this action?  I would avoid that action and you can file a support ticket so this can be fixed.

Level 2

Only this action provokes such a critical outcome.

Btw, where can I look at issues already known to AEM which are on a waiting list to be fixed in next CFPs or file a support ticket myself?

Level 10

File a ticket yourself. If you do not know how - we have it listed in the 2018 articles in the Featured section - article 5.

Level 2

I guess I will. But I don't think just filing a ticket would be acceptable as it's a bug in our system that needs to be fixed sooner than AEM fixes it themselves plus we use and test this solution.

Level 3

Hi,

We are facing one issue similar to this.When we add a rich Text editor  and Number Field in a single dialog,First time while authoring  it's working fine but when we re-open the dialog  it's not allowing to edit the number field/Rich text editor  and If there are any other drop-down fields, all are coming blank.Throwing below error.

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'sourceEditMode' of undefined

1720642_pastedImage_1.png

Employee Advisor

Hello,

This is a known issue which is fixed via NPR-27851 in 6.4 SP3 and 6.3.3.2 (NPR-27136).

Please test with the latest SP version.

Regards,

Vishu

Level 2

Hi Vish.dhaliwal

Can you send me the URL to download the package for NPR-27851 in 6.4 SP3 and 6.3.3.2 (NPR-27136)
or, could you please share the zip here.

Thanks,

Sampath.

Level 1

Hi, @sampath_kumar_g 
Cc: @Vish_dhaliwal 
I am having the same issue with AEM6.5
Where can I download the packages for NPR-27851 in 6.4 SP3 and 6.3.3.2 (NPR-27136).
Do you have any updates on this? 

Thank you.

Level 4

Hi, I'm currently facing a similar error on the browser console. However, the scenario is different. We are using a custom RTE plugin in a multifield text area. There is no issue while attempting to use these plugin on the dialog in normal dialog screen. However when the dialog is expanded to fill screen, the RTE plugin do not work after the first click, meaning nothing happens when we click the plugin from the second time. 

The error that you attached, is coming up whenever I click "Add" for adding a new entry on the multifield.

Let me know if you've any inputs on this issue pertaining to my scenario.

Level 7

Hi,

This is an expected behavior in AEM. Since a dialog can contain multiple RTE's, at a time, only one RTE's toolbar should be visible.

Hence, it is decided to show the toolbar on clicking inside RTE.

Please take a look at below forum questions. Engineering team answer was mentioned in the below forum questions:

RTE plugin menu is not visible until you click inside the RTE textarea in AEM 6.3 touch UI dialog

AEM 6.3 richtext

Hope this helps!

Regards,

TechAspect Solutions

Level 2

Yeah, I understand that.

The thing is after the behavior I've described you are unable to get RTE toolbar back on the screen.

It dissapears completely and won't even show up after clicking on RTE dialog.

So it's a bug, I believe.