Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Implement Personalization using ContextHub in AEM

Level 7

Personalization in aem is indeed one of the most hot feature that is being used now a days, as every client wants to target right audience, with right content at right time. Personalization using aem can be achieved by three ways ContextHub, Adobe Target and Adobe Campaign. In this tutorial we will learn how to implement personalization using ContextHub in AEM. I will try to cover personalization using adobe target and campaign in follow up tutorials.

ContextHub is basically a framework for storing, manipulating, and presenting context data (data in which audience/end user is interested). With the help of client-side JavaScript API you can access data for personalizing content.

After completing this tutorial you will have clear understanding about:-

1. What is Personalization in aem.
  2. What are segments and how to create segments.
  3. How to create activity and add different experiences to a page
  4. Test Personalization.

Read more at AEMCQ5Tutorials: Implement Personalization using ContextHub in AEM http://www.aemcq5tutorials.com/tutorials/implement-personalization-using-contexthub-aem/

5 Replies

Administrator

This is really nice share.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 8

Hi Ankur,

Thank you for posting the article.

I am following this article on AEM 6.3.0 and was trying the below step.

"Property name – profile/gender (Select the value from drop down Store/Parameter)"

But I do not see that option. I only see profile/displayName and profile/path.

Is there any additional configuration to be done. Can you please let me know on this.

Level 7

Due to large store/parameter list it does not display full list, just type over there and you will see the associated options in drop down below.

Level 8

Hi Ankur,

Is there any difference in the way context hub components are created and the normal page components.

If there is any reference article/link that deals more on context hub components, can you please let provide details on that.

Administrator

cquser1

There are no ContextHub components as such. The component used in this article is OOTB image component.

You can personalize OOTB and custom components.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni