IMMERSE 2017 - Community Input

Charlie_Shafton

Employee

Charlie_Shafton

Employee

Charlie_Shafton
Employee

12-01-2017

The IMMERSE agenda is being finalized and I am very excited about the content and learning opportunities for our AEM Devs!!! For the 2nd IMMERSE we have moved to a new platform that I think everyone will really like. The agenda builder is very user friendly. We are also adding Networking lounges so you can chat with peers an exhibit hall which will enable you to learn about the Experience Manager ecosystem and daily Birds-of-a-feather round table discussions. I want to make sure you the community members get the most out of IMMERSE so I would appreciate your input for topics for our round table discussions. Please let me know topics you would like to hear about from your peers and Adobe experts by commenting on this thread. For example, what are challenges your facing that you would like to hear how other are addressing? BTW early bird pricing ends on 1/ 31/17 use promo code AI_UG_01 for a $50.00 discount.

Replies

Highlighted

kautuk_sahni

Community Manager

Total Posts

Correct Answer

kautuk_sahni

Community Manager

Total Posts

Correct Answer

kautuk_sahni
Community Manager

12-01-2017

This seems to be really exciting!!

~kautuk

Highlighted

PuzanovsP

MVP

PuzanovsP

MVP

PuzanovsP
MVP

13-01-2017

Can you please cover what's new in JS side of Granite library and direction you are heading with Granite?

The official 'publicly-open' documentation on this area's of '/etc/clientlibs/granite', '/libs/granite/ui' covers only 2-5%(IMHO, compared to docs you could openly find on legacy xtype system) of the code base you actually have in Granite AEM.

Being able to understand the direction you are heading, with at least some part of functions that you think would stay from version to version would be great .

If you could get someone who actually commits code to '/etc/clientlibs/granite' area of architecture/development side would be lovely.

Thanks,

Peter

Highlighted

smacdonald2008

Total Posts

Correct Answer

smacdonald2008

Total Posts

Correct Answer

smacdonald2008

13-01-2017

We can also look at covering this with AEM Ask the Community Experts. This is a really good suggestion. 

Highlighted

GK-AEM

GK-AEM

GK-AEM

31-01-2017

We would like to know about techniques to optimise the page speed.

Thanks,

Kishore

Highlighted

Kkkrish

Kkkrish

Kkkrish

14-02-2017

Hi Charlie,

I would like to know about the new features that has been introduced,

1. Integrations with another systems like translators
  2. ContextHub usage comparing to ClientContext 
  3. Touch UI development best practices and known bugs of AEM.

~Kk

Highlighted

hemantbellani-O

hemantbellani-O

hemantbellani-O

06-03-2017

Hi,

This seems like a great collaborative initiative to build an Agenda.

Please do consider sharing details on the usage of ContextHub in AEM 6.2 (& onwards) and also how can we utilize the target component (as teaser component seems to be deprecated) to present personalized offer content to users using ContextHub and not Target.

Thanks,

Highlighted

krassimirb98731

krassimirb98731

krassimirb98731

07-03-2017

Hi Charlie,

I would like to hear more about:

- Single Page Application and AEM 6.x - different approaches, comparison, benefits, roadblocks.

- Best practices to upgrade (not backward compatible) components in production environment.

Thanks,

Krassimir

Highlighted

markr39307170

markr39307170

markr39307170

07-03-2017

I would love to see best practices or tips and tricks for AEM -> Adobe Campaign integration.

Cheers.

Highlighted

maruthid1

maruthid1

maruthid1

12-03-2017

Functionality overlap between AEM and Target Personalization. When to use what?

AEM Personalization in the context of Multi site management.

Scaling AEM author, direction on mongo, clustering in future?

Best practices for e commerce implementations (what is the direction with Hybris integration? IBM Web sphere?)

AEM for intranet portals with features like personalized content based on employee profile, content show/hide based on role based on GEOs, Integrations with share point cloud etc.