Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Images hosted in Scene7 showing pixelated in A/B Target Experience

Level 3

My original post on the Target specific forum:

A/B Test with multiple audience experiences working correctly except the image swap is fuzzy on 4th audience experience

I have no idea what is going on. I have an activity set up as an A/B test with targeting. There is business as usual in A experience, and the B experiences are different images based on a query requirement in the URL to test a contextual journey. The activity is functioning exactly how it is prescribed to except that no matter what I do, the fourth image offer gets downsampled terribly. All four image files that are being swapped using image offer are the same resolution and size and in the same location. I tried copying and swapping the last two experiences which made the image I had been fighting render perfectly but not the other image is doing the same pixelation/downsizing I was experiencing in my other activity. What should I do next?

Reps reply:

Are you by chance hosting these images in Scene 7 if so I would strongly recommend checking in with that team as it might be a setting or byproduct of the URLs produced for the image. Otherwise please clarify where these images are being stored and if possible provide URLs to the images.

------

Where should I go from here? It is hosted with Scene 7. It is not affecting experienes 1-3 but 4+ all have issues.

2 Replies

Level 2

There's no generally known issue with pixelation on Scene7 images used by Target, so I'm curious if you can provide an example of the actual image URL being used to retrieve the image.  The most likely answer is that the source image is smaller than the requested size. Scene7 doesn't support upscaling, so that scenario could produce images that don't meet quality expectations.

Level 3

I'll like to get back on this project but it's been an ongoing headache that has caused us to find other solution in the interim. For whatever reason, the pixelation is tied to the 4th+ experience within Target. Everything before that is fine. The images are of super high quality and resolution. We originally that might be the problem but we downsized them and uploaded again with the same issue.