Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

IIS Dispatcher invalidateHandler

Level 1

According to the documentation here:  https://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/deploying/dispatcher/disp_config.html

You should be able to call a script specified in the property /invalidateHandler in the /cache section of the dispatcher config, but it does not appear that my script is being called when dispatcher receives invalidate.cache calls.  I am using dispatcher version dispatcher-iis-windows-x64-4.0.11 on Windows 7, IIS 7.5, CQ version 5.5.

I have a simple Windows batch script (.bat file) I am trying to call which finds and deletes files in my IIS doc root.  When I call it via command prompt in Windows it works as expected, and I have verified that permissions on the script file and directory where it is located should not be an issue.  The line in my dispatcher.any file is just after the /invalidate block within the /cache element, and looks like this:

/invalidateHandler C:\inetpub\scripts\jsoninvalidator.bat

I have also tried putting double quotes around the file name, but no change.  

I see the following in my dispatcher log:

[Tue Mar 04 11:34:29 2014] [warn] C:\Inetpub\Scripts\dispatcher.any:200: entry not recognized: 'invalidateHandler'

Is invalidateHandler supported in the IIS version of dispatcher?  If so, in the version I'm using?  If so, any ideas of what the issue may be?  

Thanks!!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

It was introduced from 4.1.4 onwards does not work with dispatcher-iis-windows-x64-4.0.11 use the latest dispatcher.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

It was introduced from 4.1.4 onwards does not work with dispatcher-iis-windows-x64-4.0.11 use the latest dispatcher.