Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Identifying content pages which is in Not Published status in AEM Author

Level 4

I'm using AEM 6.5.7.

There are around 2000 content pages which might or might not be Published.

I could not manually verify due to huge number of content pages.

I want to get the content pages which is in Not Published status using AEM query builder.

I tried multiple queries which was not giving the result needed for me.

In terms of a report, is it possible to get an extract from published cross-matched against status in AEM author.

I mean automatically identify pages in publish instance (i.e., live pages) that have a ‘Not published’ status in AEM Author.

Kindly let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Whenever a page is Activated or Published , few properties get set on the page. (See below) . 

Veena_Vikram_1-1629181286709.png

When a page is unpublished , it sets lastReplicationAction as "Deactivate"

Veena_Vikram_0-1629180866672.png

There can be few scenarios 

1. If the page is never published , these properties will not be present on the page. So you can search for existence of any of these properties. Something like below

2. If the pages are published, there can be a scenario when the pages are unpublished and not available in publish, then the cq:lastReplicationAction property will be Deactivated. 

So you can combine both 1 and 2 and make a query to search

1_property=cq:lastReplicationAction
1_property.operation=exists
2_property=cq:lastReplicationAction
2_property.value=Deactivate
p.or=true

This should give you the entire list of pages which is not published at all or which were published but now deactivated.

Thanks

Veena ✌

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi @samsundar23 ,

If you need to find out the pages which were never published then Can you try below query in Querybuilder

http://localhost:4502/libs/cq/search/content/querydebug.html

type=cq:Page
path=/content/site
property=cq:lastReplicated_publish

property.operation = not

This query will give the list of pages which were never published!! 

Hope this helps!!!

Thanks 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Whenever a page is Activated or Published , few properties get set on the page. (See below) . 

Veena_Vikram_1-1629181286709.png

When a page is unpublished , it sets lastReplicationAction as "Deactivate"

Veena_Vikram_0-1629180866672.png

There can be few scenarios 

1. If the page is never published , these properties will not be present on the page. So you can search for existence of any of these properties. Something like below

2. If the pages are published, there can be a scenario when the pages are unpublished and not available in publish, then the cq:lastReplicationAction property will be Deactivated. 

So you can combine both 1 and 2 and make a query to search

1_property=cq:lastReplicationAction
1_property.operation=exists
2_property=cq:lastReplicationAction
2_property.value=Deactivate
p.or=true

This should give you the entire list of pages which is not published at all or which were published but now deactivated.

Thanks

Veena ✌