Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Http Session management in multiple publish instances

Level 2

Hi Guys, has someone worked on AEM session management on publish instances. (http sessions in the publisher without sticky sessions or reverse replication). I know AEM architecture is designed in a stateless manner. I am doing a POC for a client. They want to know all the options. If it is possible what options we have and what drawbacks in that approach.

In short they want to keep user information in a storage ( eg: Redis cache - Azure. They want to communicate directly with publish instances having kept user sessions at publish instance level. So this request doesn't come via dispatcher. They don't want to save user info on client end too. It has to be a server cookie according to their requirement.)

Please let me know if anyone has a good solution for this.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

You can use HTTP sessions; in order to share the sessions you need enable HTTP Session replication. The embedded jetty does not support this, but you can use Tomcat and use the WAR deployment. You can configure tomcat for HTTP Session sharing, although I don't know if tomcat supports redis for that.

Jörg

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

You can use HTTP sessions; in order to share the sessions you need enable HTTP Session replication. The embedded jetty does not support this, but you can use Tomcat and use the WAR deployment. You can configure tomcat for HTTP Session sharing, although I don't know if tomcat supports redis for that.

Jörg

Level 2

Hi Jörg, I am extremely sorry for this late reply. Thanks for your answer mate. I am still checking few options here.I will have a look on your suggestion too. Thanks. Regards, Chinthaka