Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

How to use html5smartimage in multifield or multicompositefield along with the properties like image title, description, etc

Level 7

Hi,

I have a requirement that I've to use html5smartimage in multifield/multicompositefield. Along with this widget, I have some properties like title, description. Whenever I click "Add" or "+", it has to add another set of these 3 fields. I've to crop some of the images while authoring. That's why I'm using html5smartimage. I have to image details along with the image. Any solution? Do we have technical document for this in forums? Please let me know the solutio ASAP.

Thanks,

Arya.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

See this AEM Article - it walks you through creating an in-depth component that uses these xtypes:

http://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/creating-aem-multifield-components.html

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

See this AEM Article - it walks you through creating an in-depth component that uses these xtypes:

http://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/creating-aem-multifield-components.html

Level 7

Hi,

@Sham: I've already gone through  the 1st link. In that the extra properties like title, description are not appearing in the dialog whenever we author again. Also, as suggested in link2(custom xtype - mypathfield) - I have tried by creating object to CQ.html5.form.SmartImage. But it is also not worked properly. Is there any other way? Thanks for the suggestions.

@Scott: Thanks. I've a glance at it. I didn't find the combination of image(html5smartimage) field with ay other widget. May I know in the given doc which scenario of custom xtype suits my requirement easily? So that I can customize it. Anyway I will try it once....

Thanks,

Arya.

Level 10

Dinu_Arya wrote...

@Sham: I've already gone through  the 1st link. In that the extra properties like title, description are not appearing in the dialog whenever we author again. Also, as suggested in link2(custom xtype - mypathfield) - I have tried by creating object to CQ.html5.form.SmartImage. But it is also not worked properly. Is there any other way? 

Those are the closest article matching your requirement that i am aware of.  I am pretty sure will work if you tune it correctly with your requirement. 

Level 5

@ Dinu_Arya : I was going through the blog and came across your post which is what I was looking for. I need to have multiwidget with image and link url in my case.
If you were able to resolve your issue could you please share some info ?

Thanks