Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to use AEM Experience fragments in third party applications

Level 3

We want to use AEM Experience fragments in third party applications like RefX and Sitemanager.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor
6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @Aj_9625932 
You can expose XF as json and use the content in your third party applications.

Make sure you take care of CORS and all.

I you want to expose XF as HTML then expose using content selector. (e.g. /content/ex..../expereince-fragment-1/master.content.html)

Arun Patidar

Level 3

Thanks Arun, how to export as a json and use in third party applications.

Could you please let me know what are steps needs to be done to export the XF info as JSON and use in third party applications.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Employee Advisor

Hi @Aj_9625932!

Experience Fragments (short: XF) in AEM are a great way to reuse your content at various places, being it inside of AEM or on other channels. See also here for a high level overview. XF are usually meant to be consumed as rendered HTML for external applications/channels, see also the Plain HTML rendition.

If you want to expose rendered HTML to a 3rd party application, XF is the right option.

If you are looking to expose content as structured data, please refer to Content Fragments (short: CF) instead.

In addition to the official documentation on the differences, there's also an article that outlines the concepts and differences of the two pretty well.

Hope that helps!

Administrator

@Aj_9625932 Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni