Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to upload assets to AEM 6.1

Level 2

I am new to AEM6.1. I have been using CQ5 for a while. 

In CQ5 we could upload assets through the upload assets link as displayed in this screenshot

However, in AEM6.1 I do not see this button at all - as shown in the screenshot below.

What is the process of uploading assets to the DAM in AEM 6.1?

13 Replies

Employee

Hi,

if you go into one of those assets projects you should see the upload icon. As in the screenshot attached.

Regards,

Opkar

Level 2

I do not see the more button as seen in the attached image. What version of AEM are you using? I am using AEM 6.1

Employee

Does your user have the appropriate write permissions? What user are you logged in as?

Level 2

I logged in as admin/admin . I'm assuming this user should have all the permissions. How can I check the permissions for this user to ensure they have upload permissions?

Level 2

By the way this is a brand new instance of AEM. I simply took the JAR and ran "java -Xmx1024M -jar AEM_6.1_Quickstart.jar"

Furthermore, I see the "Upload Assets" button when I click "Select". However, this seems to have no effect. It isn't uploaded the assets. 

Employee

omnipresent wrote...

By the way this is a brand new instance of AEM. I simply took the JAR and ran "java -Xmx1024M -jar AEM_6.1_Quickstart.jar"

Furthermore, I see the "Upload Assets" button when I click "Select". However, this seems to have no effect. It isn't uploaded the assets. 

What is your version information on the welcome page?http://localhost:4502/libs/cq/core/content/welcome.html

Employee

Something strange going on with your side rail, it should not be expanded like that. Are you getting javascript errors?Or any errors in error.log?

Level 2

Yeah, the side rail is zig zag. I found that weird but thought thats what the design was..

Yes, I am getting errors in the browser as well as in error.log. Please see attached images of both. 

Level 2

Ok, everything is fine in Safari. Maybe chrome is caching stuff from when I had CQ5 running. I'll try to restart it and try again in chrome. 

Employee

Nice! I use Chrome without an issue, must be some setting in your browser.

Regards,

Opkar

Employee

My version is "Adobe Experience Manager, Version 6.1.0.20150507 | License Information"

Attached screenshot of upload icon

Level 2

So weird. My version is same: 

Adobe Experience Manager (6.1.0.20150507)