Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How to upgrade CQ5.6.1 to version CQ 6

Level 4

Hi Guys,

We have a demand to upgrade CQ5.6.1 to version CQ 6. Our content is based on “filevault” to migrate(vlt -Xdavex:depth=1 rcp -r –u ).
1.In the whole process, I often got this error when copy content. I don’t know what does mean about “javax.jcr.PathNotFoundException: rep:policy”? Does this error affect copy?
    [WARN ] Error while adding node /etc/tags/properties/rep:policy (ignored): javax.jcr.PathNotFoundException: rep:policy
1.How to migrate all user and group to new instance?
2.How to migrate ACL(access control list) to new instance?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

why don't you choose the inplace upgrade? It will deal with all of these topics.

kind regards,
Jörg

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 9

This Exception thrown when no Item exists at the specified path or when the specified path implies intermediary Nodes that do not exist.

As per the log it looks like it is warning not an error, /etc/tags/properties/rep:policy node defines permissions for tag administrators.

Please read this for user and acl migration

http://dipeshmajumdar.com/entries/adobe-cq5/-how-to-migrate-users-groups-and-permissions-from-one-cq...

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

why don't you choose the inplace upgrade? It will deal with all of these topics.

kind regards,
Jörg

Level 4

Hi,

For some reasons but I am not very clear, the developer require that we need upgrade not in-place.

So we have to do the upgrading by vlt copy.

I just would like to know,  is that necessary to delete Geometrixx package if we use vlt to copy content.

Level 4

Thanks for your input.

By the way,  I found the document form Adobe dashboard that recommends to remove all Geometrixx-all-package. Is that necessary to delete Geometrixx package when upgrading?

Level 10

Hi,

If you dont have the Geometrix content currently, then you have to delete Geometrixx package

Employee Advisor

Hi,

In your case I would challenge the developers, because the recommended way of upgrading to AEM 6.0 is the in-place upgrade. If your deciding to take another approach, you are pretty much on your own.

kind regards,
Jörg