Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

how to update a pkg

Level 2

I have been having intermittent login problems with our web page app trying to update some CSS, so a developer gave me a later release.  The file is a GIT branch.  The problem is I need to create a package out of it so I can replace the package I have that is giving me trouble in Cq5.  I have installed the maven plugin in Eclipse.  I tried to open the unzipped file from git in Eclipse and it doesn't open the folder directory.  Is it possible for someone to tell me how to make a package out of the directory so I can replace the package that is giving me trouble.

Best,

Janis

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Package is nothing but a zip file, but it has a standard structure in order to get installed on cq5 server

Your zip file should have the following structure

jcr_root/

/apps/.....

.content.xml

META-INF/

/vault/definition..

/config.xml

/filter.xml

/nodetypes.cnd

/properties.xml

Please check whether the file you have is in this format, if not package it accordingly and install on the server.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

If the Eclipse tool does not work -- I would update the the CQ solution with CSS or new JS files or HTML files in CDXDE lite directly and then build a new updated package. 

Correct answer by
Level 9

Package is nothing but a zip file, but it has a standard structure in order to get installed on cq5 server

Your zip file should have the following structure

jcr_root/

/apps/.....

.content.xml

META-INF/

/vault/definition..

/config.xml

/filter.xml

/nodetypes.cnd

/properties.xml

Please check whether the file you have is in this format, if not package it accordingly and install on the server.

Employee Advisor

Hi,

It would be best if your build process would be able to create content packages out of the files in the version control system. In case you use maven, the content-package-maven-plugin could do the trick.

Kind regards,
Jörg

Level 2

Very cool.  I found the jcr root and the meta folders several layers deep.  The content looks right and the vault folder has the config and   I tried using maven but can't set my path so I just used winzip to zip the two folders.  I am hoping this will fix the problems THANKS.