Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

How to stop bundles at the time of startup.

Level 2

Hi,

We want to disable some OOTB bundles that come with AEM5.6.1 like social bundles which we dont use in our code. In general what would be the best approach to stop the bundles at the time of startup other than going to apache felix console and stopping it manually. Remember that we have 300 servers to do the same activity and manual approach is not feasible.

And also any document/link which specifies how the bundles are deployed. The reason for this is becuase as I notice there are several ways that a bundle gets deployed in to AEM5.61 world.

1. Framework bundles which load automatically from the WEB-INF of aem.war

2. Bundles loading when a content package is deployed.

How does the sling/CQ/felix know what bundles to deploy?

Regards

Rama.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Rama,

I know you guys have good deployment infra structure. So just uninstall the bundles that are not required through package instead of stopping everytime.  There by it is just onetime work & simple one.  Agree you have to cautious especially with hotfix or service pack installation. 

Coming to original question create an OSGi service that uses the Sling StartupListener API to find out when startup is finished, and at that point look for the affected bundles based on a configurable list and stop them.  The osgi api has all the details require to stop the bundle. 

Thanks,
Sham

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Rama,

I know you guys have good deployment infra structure. So just uninstall the bundles that are not required through package instead of stopping everytime.  There by it is just onetime work & simple one.  Agree you have to cautious especially with hotfix or service pack installation. 

Coming to original question create an OSGi service that uses the Sling StartupListener API to find out when startup is finished, and at that point look for the affected bundles based on a configurable list and stop them.  The osgi api has all the details require to stop the bundle. 

Thanks,
Sham