Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

How to setup cosmos db with AEM as Cloud?

Level 6

I was working around setting up DB connection with cosmos DB. Adding the maven dependencies was not working, and I tried the OSGi conversion of the dependency.
<!-- https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/com.azure/azure-cosmos -->
<dependency>
<groupId>com.azure</groupId>
<artifactId>azure-cosmos</artifactId>
<version>4.52.0</version>
</dependency>
The build is happening fine, but the connectivity is not happening to the cosmos. I believe I removed some imports from the manifest.mf file.
Does anyone have an OSGi bundle for the cosmos jar which is functional, or is there a better way to make this work?

6 Replies

Community Advisor

@jezwn  can you let me know the business use case for cosmo db ? I am not sure if any one did an integration with this DB. Worth trying reaching out to adobe support.

Level 6

@Jagadeesh_Prakash I can't unfortunately share the specifics here, but I have some specific data that is being generated from AEM to be stored on cosmos DB, using it as a storage solution. I would additionally want to retrieve the data and display in an AEM page as well.

Level 6

My usecase is only to use the cosmosDB as a storage solution and retrieve the data to AEM as required. I would not need any ecommerce functionalities and the scope is limited. 

Administrator

@jezwn Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni

Level 6

@kautuk_sahni I couldn't figure out a viable solution yet. I even tried using the bnd tool to convert the jar to osgi, and the osgi conversion was successful, but the execution was getting failed.