Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to set the padding of Container component in Layout Mode?

Level 5

On my page, I have configured it such that a content author can put down a Container component and place nested components inside.  The container component has some margin on either side so that it also exists as the logical "css container", constrained content to the center of the screen.

When the content author uses Layout mode, how can I fix the column overlay such that it's constrained to only the available container width?  I don't want the width of the entire component, I want the width of the inner "Drag components here" div, so to speak.

Here's an illustration- notice how the column snap points are larger than the available space to place components within.

dylanmccurry_0-1671738126072.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You need to check exactly which classes are used in layout mode. I have given the code as an example, not the exact code.

You can target the parent DOM element using the title attribute in CSS

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

you can do it something like

.mycontainer .cq-Overlay.cq-Overlay--component.cq-droptarget.cq-Overlay--placeholder.is-resizable {
    margin-inline: 3rem;
}

Arun Patidar

Level 5

That's a good idea- basically influence the CSS of the overlay?  Where would this CSS snippet go?  e.g., how do I get custom CSS added to the editing interface?

Community Advisor

I have not tested this but it should work if you create a clientlibs with category 'cq.auhoring.dialog'

Arun Patidar

Level 5

So I've added a client lib and set the margin-inline to align with my grid.  This works until you go into the layout mode, in which case all of the component overlays (e.g., cq-draggable elements) have their boxes drawn incorrectly with margin offsets.  I can't seem to target these in CSS and adjust them correctly because there's nothing really to key off of css wise.

Any ideas?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You need to check exactly which classes are used in layout mode. I have given the code as an example, not the exact code.

You can target the parent DOM element using the title attribute in CSS

Arun Patidar