Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

How to set dataelement value with AEM ContextHub?

Level 6

I added the contextHub tool. To test out that I can set dataelement value with contextHub, I  created a data element and let it equal to surfinfo.browser.family. then I assign this dataelement to a prop. I expect to get value = 'Chrome'. But I can not get any value.

I want to know what I may did wrong.

Thanks,

-Cathy

contextHub.PNG

2 Replies

Level 6

I just noticed that in the console, if I call:

ContextHub.getItem('store/surferinfo/browser/family')

"Chrome"

I can get Chrome returned. To me, in the path, I still have "store" in the path. But in the dataelement, when I select the path, I only can select "surferinfo.browser.family

Then I noticed that, in the added AEM ContextHub tool, if I select " Use default Data Layer", then everything worked. But if I chnage to "Customize ContextHub Data layer" and then put "ContextHub" as the Data Later Root, I can not get "Chrome" in the dataelement. I got "SATELLITE: TypeError - Cannot read property 'surferinfo' of undefined" Most likely the root path is incorrect. Any one know how to set up the root path?

Level 1

HI

How to restrict the multifield limit in classic ui by using listners