Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to reuse pipeline if deployment fails in production pipeline

Level 2

Hi Team,

Can you please suggest me how to use CM_DISABLE_BUILD_REUSE variable if production pipeline fails after stage deployment.

Thanks & Regards

Veera

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

You can check below link for additional details

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/implementing/using-...

Opting Out

If desired, the reuse behavior can be disabled for specific pipelines by setting the pipeline variable CM_DISABLE_BUILD_REUSE to true. If this variable is set, the commit hash is still extracted and the resulting artifacts will be stored for later use, but any previously stored artifacts will not be reused. To understand this behavior, consider the following scenario.

1. A new pipeline is created.
  2. The pipeline is executed (execution #1) and the current HEAD commit is becdddb. The execution is successful and the resulting artifacts are stored.
  3. The CM_DISABLE_BUILD_REUSE variable is set.
  4. The pipeline is re-executed without changing code. Although there are stored artifacts associated with becdddb, they are not reused due to the CM_DISABLE_BUILD_REUSE variable.
  5. The code is changed and the pipeline is executed. The HEAD commit is now f6ac5e6. The execution is successful and the resulting artifacts are stored.
  6. The CM_DISABLE_BUILD_REUSE variable is deleted.
  7. The pipeline is re-executed without changing the code. Since there are stored artifacts associated with f6ac5e6, those artifacts are reused.

Level 2

Thanks Ravi, I have seen the above link and that means I should not set CM_DISABLE_BUILD_REUSE to pipeline.

There is no variable set to pipeline and if I try to redeploy the same code multiple times without changing code, it is still doing build and unit testing -> deploying to environments.

Can you please suggest me how to avoid multiple  times building the same code and just deploy the code.

Thanks & Regards

Veera