Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How to restrict user permissions on a page to "EDIT TEXT ONLY"

Former Community Member

Hi there,

We have two different types of users: content managers and content contributors.  

• Content managers can create/modify/delete and replicate pages.  
  • Content contributors, on the other hand, should only be able to edit the text/imagery on existing pages.  This means that they shouldn't be able to add/delete components onto the page or change the order of the existing paragraphs on the page.

So, my question is: is it possible for me to have a content contributor with the aforementioned restrictions?  If so, how?

From what I've read, if a user is given Modify permissions on a page, he/she can add/delete/edit/reorder the components & paragraphs on a page.  That would lend me to think that a Contributor role as described above is not possible.  What say you experts?

Thanks in advance,

RKB.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

You cannot break permissions down to that level. Permissions are specified here:

http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/administering/security.html#Actions

You can deny Content Contributors create, delete and rep permissions. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

You cannot break permissions down to that level. Permissions are specified here:

http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/administering/security.html#Actions

You can deny Content Contributors create, delete and rep permissions. 

Level 10

CQ interface not have option to handle permission at component level though you can set at jcr level.

Your use case is quite complicated because it is component inside component (image inside parasys). You might have to build a custom parsys component to handle it rather than trying at jcr level.