Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

How to resolve the dependency issue if we are deploying multiple archetype version of multiple project to AEM?

Level 2

We have a scenario where our development server already has multiple project with specific archetype version with below structure.

project 1 ( native/standard) >> archetype -22 (assuming)

project 2 (native)>>  archetype-22

. . .

so on 

project 6 (native) >> archetype 22 related dependencies only.

core.wcm.component.version is 2.11.0

spa.project.core.version is Not available as these are native.

Project 7 ( SPA Editor)  >> archetype 28 (assuming) related dependencies downgraded wherever possible to match with archetype 22 dependencies.

core.wcm.component.version is 2.11.0

core.wcm.component.bundle.version is 2.11.1

spa.project.core.version is 1.1.0 

project 8 ( AEM Remote SPA ) >> Archetype 39 requires 2 of the dependencies to be in higher version compared to others. 
core.wcm.component.version should be 2.23.4

spa.project.core.version should be 1.3.16 

We would like to deploy one more project (project 8 ) with AEM remote SPA structure, but AEM remote SPA requires lot of dependencies with upgraded version which might be replaced on our server. This could lead to conflict in our older project dependencies. 

Do we have any way to embed the dependencies to our peoject-8 Jar only where multiple version of a bundle will be available in the Server and not conflicting as they are embed in the project core-jar?

AEM Server : 6.5.18 on a cloud manager

Please let me know if my description is not clear, I will modify if required. 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

We found a solution: 
We kept the dependency version to same as other project.
We added all the Java files into our bundle which were from newer version causing the issue and the issue is resolved.
We added multiple Java files and one new pom dependency which solved the issue.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @srikantap619784 
You cannot deploy the multiple version of the same artifacts i.e. core components,

and yes there will be an issue if you deploy the non compatible versions of core component

https://github.com/adobe/aem-core-wcm-components/blob/main/VERSIONS.md

however archtype does not matter if the correct dependency versions are used.

Arun Patidar

Administrator

@srikantap619784 Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni

Correct answer by
Level 2

We found a solution: 
We kept the dependency version to same as other project.
We added all the Java files into our bundle which were from newer version causing the issue and the issue is resolved.
We added multiple Java files and one new pom dependency which solved the issue.