Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to replicate pages to different publishers based on paths.

Level 2

Hi Experts,

We are looking to publish pages under /content/page1 to publisher1 and /content/page2 to publisher2 via usual publish/activation workflow. Looking for different approaches to achieve this (preferably via sling content distribution). We are using AEM 6.5.20. And how to handle replication of assets, templates, clientlibs and packages related to the paths.

Kindly help with your valuable suggestions.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@SibiMa you can do it easily with normal replication by configuring two replication agents 1 each for a publisher.

now based on use case, 

Case1: if this hierarchy is fixed and is same requirement for all cases, then you can configure two system users and provide read permission to either one of the content root and configure thus system user as replication agent user.

Case2: only few scenarios, configure a Workflow or a custom button and use AEM replication api and one replication agent as filter to it.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 8

@SibiMa If the above article doesn't help, let me know and I can provide you step-by-step.

Level 2

Hi @gkalyan

Thanks for the response, I already went through this post and did setup. I setup 2 forward agents for corresponding publishers with root path set and used the distribution agent in replication agent as mentioned in the post. The problem is only one replication agent is working and the other one is not working.

Thanks,

Sibi

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@SibiMa you can do it easily with normal replication by configuring two replication agents 1 each for a publisher.

now based on use case, 

Case1: if this hierarchy is fixed and is same requirement for all cases, then you can configure two system users and provide read permission to either one of the content root and configure thus system user as replication agent user.

Case2: only few scenarios, configure a Workflow or a custom button and use AEM replication api and one replication agent as filter to it.

Level 2

Hi @Shashi_Mulugu

Thanks for the response. By giving appropriate permissions, shall we be able to replicate/publish the content, assets, tags, and related templates to different publishers?

I went through one post mentioning the "Case1" solution but didn't try it since I preferred SCD if possible.