Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

How to read tag titles for tags entered in tagfield?

Level 3

I have a tagfield included in my dialog. I want to print the titles for the tags being added in tagfield how can I achieve that? A code snippet for the same will be really useful.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Manasi29 ,

Here is a code snippet of reading a tag from the page properties dialog, Similarly you can modify the code for the custom component dialog as well in the sling model.

//Getting all Tags from InheritanceValueMap
String[] allTags = pageProperties.get("cq:Tags", String[].class);
TagManager tagManager = request.getResourceResolver().adaptTo(TagManager.class);
for (String tags : allTags) {
Tag tag = tagManager.resolve(tags);
String tagTitle = tag.getTitle();
String tagName = tag.getName();
//Custom Code
}
  •  In the above snippet, referencing the InheritanceValueMap and getting resource resolver from request. You can also take resource resolver with System User.
  • If you have a single tag you can directly resolve it

Hope this could help you !!!

Regards

Shiv

Shiv Prakash

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Manasi29 ,

Here is a code snippet of reading a tag from the page properties dialog, Similarly you can modify the code for the custom component dialog as well in the sling model.

//Getting all Tags from InheritanceValueMap
String[] allTags = pageProperties.get("cq:Tags", String[].class);
TagManager tagManager = request.getResourceResolver().adaptTo(TagManager.class);
for (String tags : allTags) {
Tag tag = tagManager.resolve(tags);
String tagTitle = tag.getTitle();
String tagName = tag.getName();
//Custom Code
}
  •  In the above snippet, referencing the InheritanceValueMap and getting resource resolver from request. You can also take resource resolver with System User.
  • If you have a single tag you can directly resolve it

Hope this could help you !!!

Regards

Shiv

Shiv Prakash

Level 3

@Shiv_Prakash_Patel here for tags added in page properties I can access with page properties inheritance value map but can you help me with how can I access all tags being added in tagfield added in dialog of my component?

Community Advisor

Hi @Manasi29 ,

You can use ValueMap to read the tag value from the custom component. In the above case just replace the InheritanceValueMap with the ValueMap.

@Inject
private ValueMap valueMap;

Shiv Prakash