Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

how to read checkbox/select in custommultifield from component jsp

Level 2

Hi Experts,

I have created a custommultifield which consist of checkbox, textfield and textarea. custommultifield can have maxitems 3.

I am facing problem while accessing the value of checkbox from component jsp.

I am doing this from jsp:

<c:set var="checkBox" value="${properties.parsysValue}" scope="request"></c:set>/*check box*/
<c:set var="learnmore" value="${properties.learnmore}" scope="request"></c:set>/*text field*/
<c:set var="findlocation" value="${properties.findlocation}" scope="request"></c:set>/*Text area*/

Whenever i do a add(+) in edit mode of component i get valkue's of textfield and textarea as a ARRAY and iterating over this array i could fetch the values for all three textfields and textarea. but this does not work with checkbox. i do not get an array of checkboxes. What i get is the string value of checkbox that is checked.

Even I changed checkbox to select(dropdown) but the problem that I face now is that dropdown does not retain value once the dialog is submitted and reopened again in edit mode.

I want to capture out of three how many checkbox have been checked or unchecked and need to apply a logic acoordingly.

Would like to know what is the appropriate way of getting checkbox value for all the three checkboxes that is the part of custommultifield.

Thanks

Sudeep

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Here is a community article that may help you. It talks about using a multifield with custom xtype and uses a check box:

http://cq.shishank.info/2011/12/19/multifield-with-custom-xtype/

Hope this helps you. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Here is a community article that may help you. It talks about using a multifield with custom xtype and uses a check box:

http://cq.shishank.info/2011/12/19/multifield-with-custom-xtype/

Hope this helps you.