Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to provide temporary login to external user in AEM 6.5?

Level 2

Hi,

I am using AEM 6.5. I have a requirement in which I want to provide a guest login to external user to complete a workflow in AEM. How can I achieve this using any feature in AEM.

Please guide.

Thank you!

8 Replies

Community Advisor

@hs06  What is your current Authentication method, is it SSO or Basic?

Community Advisor

Hi @hs06,

Please try using schedulers functionality for this use case. Create a scheduler and delete the user-id by checking if it is existing. You can run the scheduler at your convenience - if the user id is supposed to be deleted in 24 hours after getting created.

Thanks,

Kiran Vedantam

Level 2

Hi @Kiran_Vedantam,

Schedulers will work for all the users or we can apply it to a particular user also please provide any link I can refer.

Thank you!!

Level 1

Hi to all of you! Please i'm extremely new in the community and i'm apologize for false question. Please can someone help me by giving tips to get access to AEM setting staff. Because i've an AdobeId account but they said that my account is not linked to get access to AEM tools for installation. Please  i need to know what it's needed for that. Thanks to this wonderful community.

Employee Advisor

@hs06  You can add a Guest login link on your SSO login page and then implement Oak Custom login module. You would be able to add business logic to add the the user to specific groups programmatically so that they can complete the workflow.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/external-authentication-aem-which-method-choose-tyrone-tse/

And as mentioned already, purge these users on a scheduled basis.