Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

how to provide access to Felix console other than admin user?

Level 9

Hi All,

i have created new user and and added to Administrator group but when i am trying to access Felix console by this user ,it's not allowing me.

How to resolve this issue,

Thanks,

GK

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1
By default only admin user has access to the Felix console. You can add more users/groups from the config :

/system/console/configMgr/org.apache.sling.extensions.webconsolesecurityprovider.internal.SlingWebConsoleSecurityProvider

Also note that OSGi Console doesn't have any notion of RBAC (Role-based_access_control) – once you have access to it, you can do everything. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 1
By default only admin user has access to the Felix console. You can add more users/groups from the config :

/system/console/configMgr/org.apache.sling.extensions.webconsolesecurityprovider.internal.SlingWebConsoleSecurityProvider

Also note that OSGi Console doesn't have any notion of RBAC (Role-based_access_control) – once you have access to it, you can do everything. 

Level 9

Hi All,

I have few doubts which seem to be related to the discussed topic.

Also, is there any other configuration change we can make so that non-admin users(probably system administrators) can see/perform operations(say clear,force retry) on workflows(stale/running/paused etc).

Level 9

Hi All,

Any thoughts on this will be helpful.

Level 9

askdctm wrote...

Hi All,

Any thoughts on this will be helpful.

Have you tried creating user,creating a group and assign ACLs as administrator group then assign group to workflow task.

Let me know if this works or not.