Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How to open publish port in local system and how the content changes from author and publish port.

Level 1

I have created some content in author port and I publish that page but that content of the page is different in publish port. I don't know how its change the content between author and publish port. Anyone explain me how that content changes in publish port and how to run publish port in local system

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Gokulr707 

Rename aem jar as aem-pubish-p4503.jar and double click to run publish instance. It will start aem publish instance in port 4503, you can access using localhost:4503.

To replicate content, you need both author and publish running and in author you need to configure Replication agent. Refer link below

Replication | Adobe Experience Manager

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Gokulr707 

Rename aem jar as aem-pubish-p4503.jar and double click to run publish instance. It will start aem publish instance in port 4503, you can access using localhost:4503.

To replicate content, you need both author and publish running and in author you need to configure Replication agent. Refer link below

Community Advisor

You need to setup Replication agent on author instance to replicate content from author to publish and provide Url config there. 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-screens/user-guide/administering/configur...

Community Advisor

@Gokulr707 You can go to the timeline section and look for activities on the page and revert the version if it was not intended and re-publish the page- 

ManuMathew1994_0-1674648075536.png

For running publish locally, you will need to start AEM publish instance in odd ports such as 4503 and publish run modes and you will have to configure the replication agent to point to it from the author instance.

Community Advisor

You need to have separate instance running for author and publish refer Adobe docs on how to setup author and publish.

Then you can check replication agents .

If all good you can publish pages from author to publish and see.