Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How to integrate AEM with Amazon Cognito?

Level 6

The signin/signup forms as AEM pages and Cognito as user pool.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @jezwn,

As a first step of integrating, I suggest to go through libraries/framework exposed by Amazon Cognito User pool.

Per the below documentation from AWS, AWS Amplify framework is available for JavaScript, iOS and Android.

As you are looking for signin/signup pages, JavaScript library seems to be relevant. You can follow along the link and try out in local as is and based on the desired JS framework chosen, you can then arrive at ways of including it as part of AEM code build.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @jezwn,

As a first step of integrating, I suggest to go through libraries/framework exposed by Amazon Cognito User pool.

Per the below documentation from AWS, AWS Amplify framework is available for JavaScript, iOS and Android.

As you are looking for signin/signup pages, JavaScript library seems to be relevant. You can follow along the link and try out in local as is and based on the desired JS framework chosen, you can then arrive at ways of including it as part of AEM code build.

Level 4

This doesn't resolve the JWT token/AEM scope setup. If we login and generate JWT token from one server, how can AEM as second server to retrieve the JWT token and use any library(jsonwebtoken? or AEM oauth client) to validate, if success, get user's some profile to map using scope to authorize the user to access some AEM features?

How to manage the AEM scopes in a managabled way like the useradmin console to manage which user/group has which permission?

Do you have a sample application?

Level 1

Hi David,

Were you able to find any alternate solutions?

Level 1

hi @jezwn 

Did you get a solution for AWS Cognito & AEM Integration?

I am exploring a similar solution, and would need some help.

Level 1

Hi together. That should be a relevant use case for many customers. It makes sense to provide proper documentation or even a sample application. Happy to look for som response.

Thanks
Dennis