Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

How to install AEM

Level 2

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @Rahul_mule 

There are number of articles which can assit you to install AEM on your local machine as well as your server. I'll be linking them below. The basic requirements are that you will need to have the aem jar, license key and JAVA 8+.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-learn/foundation/development/set-up-a-loc...

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-64/deploying/deploying/application-server...

Regards,

Jeevan

Level 1
Level 1

In order to develop with AEM you need your own developers license. So you register on solution partner portal or adobe portal using your official company mail id . The request for license if your company is one solution partner.

The AEM installation process is very straightforward and consists of the following steps:

1. Obtain AEM 6.5 quickstart jar and AEM 6.5 Service Pack 6 files .
  2. Developers AEM 6.5 license properties can be obtained by registration, 
  3. Unpack the AEM6.5 quickstart jar on command line:

java -jar cq-quickstart-6.5.0.jar -unpack

4. Copy the Service Pack package zip and acs-commons package zip file file into the crx-        quickstart/install folder.

5. Start AEM Author for the first time from the command line: 

java -jar cq-quickstart-6.5.0.jar -r author,nosamplecontent

NoteIt will install AEM 6.5 with the service pack, and therefore might take more time.

6. AEM is Starting.. You will login screen on AEM start complete.

Level 2

4. Copy the Service Pack package zip and acs-commons package zip file file into the crx-quickstart/install folder.

where i find that Service Pack package zip and acs-commons package zip.

5. Start AEM Author for the first time from the command line: 

java -jar cq-quickstart-6.5.0.jar -r author,nosamplecontent

NoteIt will install AEM 6.5 with the service pack, and therefore might take more time.

when i doing that its show me like this document attached below.Screenshot 2022-04-18 174604.png

what should i do can you explain me please.