Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to inherit the design from one template into another template

Level 3

Hi,

We have a requirement where we want to inherit the existing design from one template to another. For example I have a Template A for which I created a design and associated that page with this design (by going into Page properties and setting the design). Now I create a new page Template say Template B where I give resourceSuperType  as Template A page component path in the component properties.

Now when we created a new page using Template B, the list of component defined in Template A design won't appear in sidekick whereas If the template definition exist under etc\design\default\TemplateA\jcr:content\par it worked.

The purpose for this is to define the list of components in single design at parentBase Template (like wise Template A)  so that it can be used across multiple sites \ brands.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Ideally, the design for the components should be included in the respective components itself. Only the page level design should be set in page properties. In that way your use case would work seamlessly.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Ideally, the design for the components should be included in the respective components itself. Only the page level design should be set in page properties. In that way your use case would work seamlessly.