Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

How to Hide Page Properties from SiteAdmin

Level 4

I have page and few page properties associated with it ( Smart image). 

When a user uploads an image from site admin it is getting stored as nt:file. To avoid this condition I am trying to hide the page properties from site admin. 

So user can access the page properties  from side kick after opening the page . Is there any setting by which I can achieve this 

Thanks 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Justin suggestion is right way to do for your use case.  Just to match your title to hide properties overlay [1] & remove [2]. Or default condition for /libs/wcm/core/content/siteadmin/actions/properties is [3] change it by removing all the conditions & add [4].

[1]  /libs/wcm/core/content/siteadmin

[2]  /apps/wcm/core/content/siteadmin/actions/properties

[3]

CQ.wcm.SiteAdmin.hasSingleListSelection
CQ.wcm.SiteAdmin.noFolder
CQ.wcm.SiteAdmin.noAsset

[4]

function() {return false;};

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Justin suggestion is right way to do for your use case.  Just to match your title to hide properties overlay [1] & remove [2]. Or default condition for /libs/wcm/core/content/siteadmin/actions/properties is [3] change it by removing all the conditions & add [4].

[1]  /libs/wcm/core/content/siteadmin

[2]  /apps/wcm/core/content/siteadmin/actions/properties

[3]

CQ.wcm.SiteAdmin.hasSingleListSelection
CQ.wcm.SiteAdmin.noFolder
CQ.wcm.SiteAdmin.noAsset

[4]

function() {return false;};

Employee

The best thing to do in this case is to set the allowUpload property to false for the html5smartimage widget. This will prevent the direct upload of assets and only allow referencing a DAM asset.