Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to have an ordered or unordered list with headings and paragraphs in it?

Level 2

Paraformat is getting disabled after using list with headings

vvl1_0-1657132605214.png

9 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @vvl1 ,

OOTB component works well, It looks like some issues in your customized component. Can you please check if there is any overriden JS causes this issue? Also check if any error in developer console.

Regards,

Santosh

Level 2

There is no  existing overriden JS and its AEM 6.5 version

Community Advisor

@vvl1 Tested it on AEM 6.5.0 and 6.5.12, it is working as designed. PFB the screenshot.

shaileshbassi_1-1657186667366.png

As suggested by @SantoshSai please check for the js error if any in the developer console.

But if you are looking foward for the ordered list and that having the heading and paragraph below it 

e.g. 

shaileshbassi_0-1657188195828.png

In this case you need to create something custom and OOTB will not work over here, as for both ordered and unordered field a new <ul> or <ol> tag will be created if there is a break in between

Thanks

Community Advisor

@Shailesh_Bassi_  and @SantoshSai 

I guess i understood the question here. @vvl1  wanted to have the headings inside the List.

For ex: as shown below the highlighted one should in headings and the next content in a paragraph.

Even when i tried with OOTB seems like an issue for me also. On trying to highlight the heading the paraformat is disabled.

Jagadeesh_Prakash_0-1657190658197.png

Level 2

@Manu_Mathew_ it is a product issue. Is there any way to override it through js?

Community Advisor

@vvl1 Targeting it and removing the disabled attribute and overriding the coral might work, however not an ideal solution. 

Community Advisor

@vvl1 

It is never advisable to over lay the OOTB JS and write the custom functionality for the same. Only if any validations are required we can do it or else we should not.

Recommend you to write a custom component to achieve this. As follows

1. Heading title with RTE
  2. And an multifile with Heading RTE
  3. And followed up with paragraph RTE