Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

How to handle special characters in url?

Level 1

When I am hitting this url in my local http://localhost:4502/content/abc/def/Services/improve-it/trade-in-landing/%7b%7bprods.imageURL%7d%7... ,aem is unable to handle request and going into infinite loop.
The processing of url is not stopping.I am using AEM 6.2 SP1.It is impacting performance in testing environments.Ideally, if url does not exist then it should redirect to error page in publish.The same is not happpening.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Roshan,

It is not aem instead JDK restricting the RFC2396. The caller should encode the url.    As an workaround you can have filter by making use of URLEncoder and URLDecoder to overcome such issue which happens with external integration.    Anyway infinite loop might be your custom implementation like rewriter, other packages causing it because i am not able to reproduce on out of the box.  If you are able to reproduce without custom implementation, then report to official support team to get a fix.    

Thanks,

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Roshan,

It is not aem instead JDK restricting the RFC2396. The caller should encode the url.    As an workaround you can have filter by making use of URLEncoder and URLDecoder to overcome such issue which happens with external integration.    Anyway infinite loop might be your custom implementation like rewriter, other packages causing it because i am not able to reproduce on out of the box.  If you are able to reproduce without custom implementation, then report to official support team to get a fix.    

Thanks,