Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

How to get list of Users/Group with specific privileges for the given content?

Level 3

In a large organization we have multiple divisions and publishing workflow is pretty decentralized.

Is there any way how I can programmatically get a list of Users/Groups which have certain explicit (not inherited) permissions set for the given content path?

Example:

There is a "global editors" group which has REPLICATE permissions for the whole /content namespace. Another group "editors X" has REPLICATE permission set for /content/x branch. And yet another group "local editors" assigned to the /content/x/local node. How I can get only "local editors" group for the node /content/x/local? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

You can do this: 

Authorizable userGroup = userManager.getAuthorizable("test-usergroup");
JackrabbitAccessControlManager jMgr = (JackrabbitAccessControlManager) adminSession.getAccessControlManager();
jMgr.hasPrivileges(path, Collections.singleton(userGroup.getPrincipal()), privileges);

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 10

To learn how to work with the jackrabbut User APIs using an AEM OSGi bundle-- see this community article:

http://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/developing-aem-osgi-bundles-jackrabbit.html

Level 10

To programmatically work with user in AEM, you use the org.apache.jackrabbit.api.security.user.UserManager api. For you use case, you can call the findAuthorizables method and set the correct properties. I will look to determine if we have code samples.

Level 4

Hi @jura_khrapunov , were you able to use this to solve your issue? 

userManager.findAuthorizables(path, "rep:Group")

I have the same problem. I need to know what user groups have write access to a given path. I can't use the above successfully. It only works for relative paths like 

userManager.findAuthorizables("jcr:primaryType", "rep:Group")

@smacdonald2008 , do you have any suggestions?

Level 3

It was so long time ago, I believe I just looped over permissions at the given path and all its parents to collect the data

Level 4
Hi @jura_khrapunov, thanks for your quick response. Years back, I understand. I'm trying other approaches.

Correct answer by
Level 4

You can do this: 

Authorizable userGroup = userManager.getAuthorizable("test-usergroup");
JackrabbitAccessControlManager jMgr = (JackrabbitAccessControlManager) adminSession.getAccessControlManager();
jMgr.hasPrivileges(path, Collections.singleton(userGroup.getPrincipal()), privileges);