Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

How to get detailed bundles dependency information from pom.xml?

Level 5

So I have a pom which creates a bundle using the plugin:

<groupId>com.day.jcr.vault</groupId>
<artifactId>content-package-maven-plugin</artifactId>

It specifies the package dependencies:

<Import-Package>
!org.apache.commons.beanutils.*,
!org.apache.commons.jexl2.*,
!org.apache.commons.jxpath.*,
!org.apache.commons.logging.*,
!org.apache.commons.vfs2.*,
!org.apache.xml.*,
!org.springframework.*,
</Import-Package>

But it doesn't call out versions. I think those are from maven dependencies but those dependencies are on bundles-not on packages and it isn't clear without a lot of digging which package corresponds to which bundle. It also isn't clear what the versions of the packages are.

And is there any way to find out the transitive bundle dependencies? This dependency mechanism is incredibly complex and frustrating.

Basically, I want mvn dependency:tree but for OSGI dependencies rather than maven dependencies.

Thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 5
That documentation doesn't say anything about OSGI bundles. Am I wrong? or packages. It looks like it just analyzes standard Maven dependencies

Level 7

Hi @jkpanera ,

You could use http://localhost:4502/system/console/depfinder to find out for a package which bundles are importing and exporting that package. Hope this helps. Let me know if this is not what you are looking for ?

Thanks

Narendra