Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

How to get decrypted AEM user password

Level 7

Hi Team,

I'm working on AEM login and sign up components. I have requirement that after sign up I have to show some message and a link"Activation Email/Resend Email". I have to login an user when he/she clicked on this link. Or I have to show his/her "Profile" when he/she clicked on these links. I can say I have to auto login the registered user.

How to login in user in CQ through email activation mail , when he/she clicked on activate my account?

We have userid and rep:password:{SHA-256}153dd7485544e927-1000-739b50f309f0fb1b7960904449092f0ccab like this in the page

Your comments are welcome.

Thanks,

AryA.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

it isn't possible to decrypt the user password, as it is hashed; and it should not be possible to reverse the hashing operation.

Sorry, I don't have any good response for your requirement (maybe besides that you store the password somewhere in the browser and sent it to the webapp after having created the account successfully). I would just recommend that the user enters the password again to login (and not having the autologin feature after the account has been created).

kind regards,
Jörg

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

it isn't possible to decrypt the user password, as it is hashed; and it should not be possible to reverse the hashing operation.

Sorry, I don't have any good response for your requirement (maybe besides that you store the password somewhere in the browser and sent it to the webapp after having created the account successfully). I would just recommend that the user enters the password again to login (and not having the autologin feature after the account has been created).

kind regards,
Jörg

Former Community Member

Dinu_Arya wrote...

Hi Team,

I'm working on AEM login and sign up components. I have requirement that after sign up I have to show some message and a link"Activation Email/Resend Email". I have to login an user when he/she clicked on this link. Or I have to show his/her "Profile" when he/she clicked on these links. I can say I have to auto login the registered user.

How to login in user in CQ through email activation mail , when he/she clicked on activate my account?

We have userid and rep:password:{SHA-256}153dd7485544e927-1000-739b50f309f0fb1b7960904449092f0ccab like this in the page

Your comments are welcome.

Thanks,

AryA.

I don't know if you are using SSO or not but if you do then this the way to go. By doing this you are actually telling CQ to trust the user. Check SSO Authentication Handler implementation. We have done this by using that handler.

SimpleCredentials credentials = new SimpleCredentials(userID, "no_password_needed".toCharArray());

credentials.setAttribute("TrustedInfo", AUTH_TOKEN);
                info = new AuthenticationInfo("SSO", userID);
                info.put("user.jcr.credentials", credentials);
                return info;