Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

How to get Asset without renditions in public instance after activation of Asset in Author instance?

Level 4

I have a asset in my dam folder. After activating this dam asset i am getting the asset in publish instance along with the rendition node. How to restrict that node.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Three Options

1. Exclude renditions with an ACL and a glob restriction.
  2. Create an own content builder that would filter out the content.
  3. If aem6 file a daycare request asking dam fp3 & I believe it has option to configure the filter for replication agent.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Three Options

1. Exclude renditions with an ACL and a glob restriction.
  2. Create an own content builder that would filter out the content.
  3. If aem6 file a daycare request asking dam fp3 & I believe it has option to configure the filter for replication agent.

Level 4

One more option is event handler. Keep one bundle which contains eventhandler code in publish instance system console. When ever a new node created it will check weather node type is dam:asset or not. If it is then it will delete that renditions node.

Level 10

Adobe experience manager wrote...

One more option is event handler. Keep one bundle which contains eventhandler code in publish instance system console. When ever a new node created it will check weather node type is dam:asset or not. If it is then it will delete that renditions node.

The only valid use use I found so far for such implementation is to save disk space though it is very cheap now a days.  With above solution you have tripled disk space until dcgc/tar optimization is run.