Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to find which repository folder is mapped to AEM installation

Level 2

I have multiple local installations for AEM and am trying to find which folder is mapped to my current AEM instance. How can you tell? The reason for this is I need to update a version number in one of the pom.xml files, so I have to find the correct core\pom.xml file. 

com.adobe.cq.wcm.core.components.models,version=[12.19,13) -- Cannot be resolved

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

@kayest  - 

If you are deploying using maven then you can update the core component version in main pom.xml otherwise you need to install core components package via localhost:4502/crx/packmgr 

sample-

<dependency>
<groupId>com.adobe.cq</groupId>
<artifactId>core.wcm.components.content</artifactId>
<version>2.13.0</version>
<type>pom</type>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<artifactId>core.wcm.components.config</artifactId>
<type>pom</type>
</dependency>

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

In particular to your problem above, you show us com.adobe.cq.wcm.core.components.models,version=[12.19,13) -- Cannot be resolved, this is the backend trying to find a bundle in the OSGI Apache Felix container. Backend bundles can be found localhost:4502/system/console/bundles

You can click on your own bundle, and reveal which imported bundle is missing.

From looking at your error, it looks like you have either not installed the WCM Core Component's or the version that you have installed is wrong.

Level 2

Yes, you're right. Thanks for the reply. Something is amiss with the WCM Core Component. I need to change a version but don't know which core/pom.xml file to update. I can update them all, but I still would like to know which folder is the relevant folder. 

Level 5

@kayest  - You can check OSGi bundle status(Apache Felix Console) in localhost:4502/system/console/bundles

Error you mentioned seems Core Component Package is not installed or missed

Level 2

Yes, I saw this but am unable to start it. One of our devops suggested updated one of the version numbers, which I did but I get the same error after making the update.

kayest_0-1666023732618.png

Correct answer by
Level 5

@kayest  - 

If you are deploying using maven then you can update the core component version in main pom.xml otherwise you need to install core components package via localhost:4502/crx/packmgr 

sample-

<dependency>
<artifactId>core.wcm.components.content</artifactId>
<type>pom</type>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<artifactId>core.wcm.components.config</artifactId>
<type>pom</type>
</dependency>

Community Advisor

@kayest Do you have multiple AEM installations running in local or multiple code repositories deployed to a single local AEM instance? 

Based on your error, I assume that you've multiple repositories deployed to a local AEM instance. You wanted to know which pom.xml requires a version update to resolve the bundle issue. You can run the following steps to find the right core module.

1. Click on the bundle that is in the Installed state to see the bundle Metadata.  
  2. The first property you see in the expanded state is "Symbolic Name", which is the artifactId of your bundle.
  3. Compare the Symbolic Name of the bundle with your project core modules pom.xml artifactId -> matching artifactId in the pom.xml is the module you want to update.