Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How to expose content fragment as Json without associating to pages - AEM 6.4 Assets

Level 2

Hi, we have a requirement to expose the content fragments to different channels like mobile, chat app etc and I figured out we can use 'Space and Entities' feature to achieve this. To enable this feature it was mentioned that first I need to enable AEM Content Service using the configuration com.adobe.cq.caas.impl.feature.ContentServicesFeatureFlag but the problem is this configuration is not even showing up in the config manager to configure accordingly. 

I am not having any service pack, it's just 6.4.

Do let me know if there are any effective way to address this requirement.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Content as a Service (CaaS) was managed via a sling feature flag in AEM 6.3 only. In 6.4, its enabled by defaults and we don't have this flag. You can follow the link @arunpatidar mentioned and straight away create the content fragments using content fragment models and expose them as JSON end points directly.

If you are 6.4.0, default core component version will be <2.4.0. In this case CF component is not available, you need to install extension package to get it. eg. 2.2.2 version extension is at https://github.com/adobe/aem-core-wcm-components/releases/download/core.wcm.components.reactor-2.2.2...

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 2
Hi Arun, I went through the link but I am facing issue where the com.adobe.cq.caas.impl.feature.ContentServicesFeatureFlag configuration entry itself is not available on my AEM 6.4 instance. Any pointers on this?

Community Advisor
I think this feature flag is already enabled. you can check using servlet which I have shared in previous comment.

Arun Patidar

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Content as a Service (CaaS) was managed via a sling feature flag in AEM 6.3 only. In 6.4, its enabled by defaults and we don't have this flag. You can follow the link @arunpatidar mentioned and straight away create the content fragments using content fragment models and expose them as JSON end points directly.

If you are 6.4.0, default core component version will be <2.4.0. In this case CF component is not available, you need to install extension package to get it. eg. 2.2.2 version extension is at https://github.com/adobe/aem-core-wcm-components/releases/download/core.wcm.components.reactor-2.2.2...