Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

How to Export JSON (Business Logic) of multiple components in a page using Sling Model Exporter

Level 4

I am not able export JSON of multiple components in a page using Sling Model Exporter.

If I am using http://localhost:4502/content/test.model.json, then I am getting the simple json of the Page.

If I am using http://localhost:4502/content/test.infinity.json then I am getting the Deep level JSON for all the Node Content.

I basically want to get the JSON for my business logic developed in JAVA, that to be of multiple components lying on the page.

Using @Exporter Annotation. I am able to get the JSON for Individual Component, but I am not able to get that JSON for multiple components.

Would be grateful if anyone could provide the correct solution!

13 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

You can create exporter for multiple components but when you will access page using .model.json, it will return the JSON response from multiple components

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Understanding Sling Model Exporters in AEM

e.g.

http://localohost:4502/content/my-resource.model.json

Arun Patidar

Level 4

It will return only the JSON which is stored under the node /content/my-resource/jcr:content/...

But my question is how to Export the JSON of Multiple Components on a particular page that to be of a JAVA Based Logic, not the simple data which you put inside the Dialog.

Level 4

This is JCR Node Structure and via /content/my-page.infinity.json

I am getting a JSON basis of this Node Structure.

JCR Node Structure.PNG

JSON Structure on Node Basis!

JSON Sample.PNG

While on the other hand, a Sling Model Exporter JSON like..

Sling Model JSON.PNG

Just like this.. I want to Export the JSON for multiple components made using Sling Model @Exporter lying on the same page.. by simply calling /content/my-page.model.json or something!!

Community Advisor

Hi,

Did you try to access your page with model selector? Can you show the response.

Arun Patidar

Level 10

I am not sure this is a possible use case - as discussed in this How To article - JSON is exported based on a single component.

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Exporting Adobe Experience Manager Data Using Sling Model Exporters

If it is possible - i have never seen the code to do so.

Level 10

If you look at the Java code in this article - you will notice that data members of the code lineup with component props. So its binding components props to data members. For example:

@Model(adaptables = Resource.class, resourceType = { "weretail/components/content/heroimage" }, defaultInjectionStrategy = DefaultInjectionStrategy.OPTIONAL)

@Exporter(name = "jackson", extensions = "json", options = { @ExporterOption(name = "SerializationFeature.WRITE_DATES_AS_TIMESTAMPS", value = "true") })

public class ModelComponent {

@Inject

String title;

@Inject

String heading;

@Inject

String buttonLabel;

@Inject

String buttonLinkTo;

@Inject

String fileReference;

@Inject

@Named("sling:resourceType")

String slingResourceType;

public String getHeading() {

return heading;

}

public String getButtonLabel() {

return buttonLabel;

}

public String getButtonLinkTo() {

return buttonLinkTo;

}

public String getSlingResourceType() {

return slingResourceType;

}

public String getTitle() {

return title;

}

public String getFileReference() {

return fileReference;

}

}

Therefore, unless you know the components and its props you want to export, this code will not work.

Level 4

So, is there any possible solution for that? or I need to write a Custom Sling Servlet only? I js wanted to know if there's any solution, otherwise the last possible solution is only to write a Custom Sling Servlet!!

Level 10

As you need to bind data members to component props - you cannot really use a Sling Model Exporter as shown in this article. It was really a 1-1 based on a given component. You may want to look at looking at components and reading the props you want and encoding to JSON.

Level 4

I got your point that Sling Model Exporter is just 1-1 based on a given component. but If I want to export the JSON for multiple components specially the Business Logic, So Can you suggest me an API which converts the Sling Node to JSON output.

I mean to say if I can use that API to manually generate the JSON for a given resource path!!

Community Advisor

Yes, I checked again its 1-1 for given component, so we can't do /content/page.model.json

You can create servlet with your own selector and simply make a request with model selector to include json response of components inside your servlet. This will probably reduce the code overhead.

Arun Patidar

Level 2

Hi Arun Patidar​,

I also have the similar requirement. Can you please help me to understand the solution that you mentioned above.

I also have a site with several pages and each page has 1 or more content fragments on it + some othercomponents.

Now when i request the page ad model.json, I want to hide/remove the unwanted data from my json. How can i achieve this?

Can you please guide me on this?

Community Advisor

Hi,

You have to parse again or you need to write your own solution which would convert node data to json.

Arun Patidar

Level 4

If I will make a Sling Model of Page Component, then it will only export the JSON of that page properties only. It will not work for the components lying under it.