how to do content sync between 2 AEM instances In aem Cloud

Level 4

Hi All,

I have below instances 

1. Stage

2. Pre-prod.

3. Prod

The author is authoring content on pre-prod 

is there any way to sync content from pre-prod to prod,  and pre-prod to stage ??

Right now we are syncing content through the package manager. is there any other way to sync content on AEM Cloud

@

Asutosh_Jena_

Kiran_Vedantam

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @raushan123 

Before go-live, it is suggested to create packages in an incremental way (from QA to Pre-Prod or Prod) but after release, it's recommended to use the incremental approach (from Prod till QA).

When it comes to the approach, creating a package is only the way to sync the content.

I hope it helps!

Thanks,

Kiran Vedantam.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi @raushan123 ,

The only available option AFAIK is a manual package (for both directions), however, please be mindful that there is some time-out when you upload the packages. I would advise creating smaller packages and then uploading them to the destination server.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/implementing/develo... 

Also, Adobe recommends the creation of content directly on production, not sure what's the use case here, but you should recommend that as well.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,

Nitesh

Level 4

My use case is I have to sync all the env with pre-prod And it's not convenient to create a package every time and do the sync.

So I was looking for another approach.

Do we have any other option in the AEM cloud?

Employee Advisor

Unfortunately, There is nothing out-of-the-box to sync different environments now. AFAIK The only option you is to create manual packages.

I would still advise you to recommend the authors to create content on production. and then sync it to lower environments manually.

There is something in the roadmap, but it's not available as of today.

Regards,

Nitesh

Community Advisor

Hi @raushan123 

As of now package manager is the option that we have but as per my previous discuss on the same adobe mentioned that they are creating a tool for content migration between cloud instances.

You can raise the adobe ticket and get that tool information.

Hope this is helpful

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @raushan123 

Before go-live, it is suggested to create packages in an incremental way (from QA to Pre-Prod or Prod) but after release, it's recommended to use the incremental approach (from Prod till QA).

When it comes to the approach, creating a package is only the way to sync the content.

I hope it helps!

Thanks,

Kiran Vedantam.

Level 4

Hi @raushan123 ,

In AEMaaCS, you can make use of Content Sets. You can access the same in Cloud Manager. This is one of the most efficient way of syncing content. You can copy content seamlessly from one environment to another from within the cloudmanager itself. 

Check this link:

The Content Copy Tool | Adobe Experience Manager

Thanks,

Rakesh