Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to disable autocomplete in AEM pathfield

Level 1

I would like to disable "autocomplete" feature in AEM pathfield. Anyone knows how to do that, Thanks

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/6-3/sites/developing/using/reference-materials/granite-ui...

<link
  jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"
  sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/pathfield"
  fieldLabel="Link"
  fieldDescription="Please add a link"
  rootPath="/content/"
  name="./link"
  validation="data-valid-internal-external"
  autocomplete="false"
  required="{Boolean}true"/>

Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 6.39.54 PM.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Check below file which has the code for auto suggestion and see how can you overwrite it to achieve your requirement

/libs/granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/pathfield/render.jsp

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

If you don't want to use autocompleted you can use textfield instead of path field.

Pathfield internally uses autocompleted to create list if you want to make changes in OOTB functionality, overlay is the solution.

There is no property called autocomplete="false".

PathField — Granite UI 1.0 documentation

Arun Patidar

Level 1

Hi Arun Patidar,

I know. But based on the requirement, that field's using to put an internal or an external link. So, cannot change to textfield.

Can you give me more detail (the syntax function) on the overlay solution?  it's rendering by coralui3 js. Thanks

Community Advisor

Yes, you can put internal/external links in text field also if you don't want selection and autocompleted list.

Arun Patidar

Level 10

Agree with Arun - In that reference doc - i am not seeing an auto complete field. Therefore - looks like there is no way using props in the dialog that you can turn this off.

You cannot use props on granite types that do not exist.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Check below file which has the code for auto suggestion and see how can you overwrite it to achieve your requirement

/libs/granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/pathfield/render.jsp