Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

How to deal with Oak login token session expiration and token refresh in AEM | AEM Community Blog Seeding

Administrator

BlogImage.jpg

How to deal with Oak login token session expiration and token refresh in AEM by Debal Das

Abstract

I believe we are all aware with session expiration and token refresh process. We have encountered these two situations with numerous web applications , even with our work day profile also.
Now if it’s required to deal with session expiration and token refresh in AEM instance then we must be thinking do we have any OOTB feature in AEM or we need to develop a custom logic. Yes, we do have following OSGi configuration in AEM: Apache jackrabbit oak TokenConfiguration as shown below -

Let’s suppose we need to set this token expiration time for 30 minutes and also we need to enable the token refresh process.

Let’s suppose we need to set this token expiration time for 30 minutes and also we need to enable the token refresh process.
We can achieve it very easily as shown below -

Please restart the AEM instance after saving these changes.
Here, I have done it on local AEM author instance and I am using AEM 6.5.9.
Definitely 12 hours (default expiration time) is more than enough for content authors and I haven’t seen any content author was asking about session expiration yet. But, it all depends on the requirement.
I have enabled SSO with LDAP and I have integrated AEM 6.5.9 with Apache Directory Studio 2.0.0-M14 as shown below -
1. Here we could see I have created 3 users in LDAP apache directory studio

Read Full Blog

How to deal with Oak login token session expiration and token refresh in AEM

Q&A

Please use this thread to ask the related questions.

Kautuk Sahni
0 Replies