Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to Create New Line in AEM Document Rendered in HTML

Level 2

Hi Everyone,

I'm creating a letter document using AEM Designer.  I need to have the data elements for an address formatted as shown:

Name

Address 1

Address 2

City, State Zip

All are data elements mapped into the letter xdp. I'm using the following JavaScript to conditionally exclude Address 2 if it contains a null value:

if (Address2.rawValue != null) {

Address.rawValue = MailTo.rawValue + "\u000a" + Address1.rawValue + "\u000a" + Address2.rawValue + "\u000a" + City.rawValue + ", " + State.rawValue + " " + ZipCode.rawValue;

} else {

Address.rawValue = MailTo.rawValue + "\u000a" + Address1.rawValue + "\u000a" + City.rawValue + ", " + State.rawValue + " " +ZipCode.rawValue;

}

This works when the document is rendered as a pdf but I need it render in HTML so it will be presented to the user in a browser.  I can't find an example of what the correct syntax should be.  Thanks to anyone who replies.

Willie Chapman

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Willie

Are you mentioning about LifeCycle Designer ? kautuksahni​ . I think this needs to be moved to the right forum

Thanks

Veena

Level 2

Sorry I'm new here. Can you direct me to the correct forum?  I see forums for everything EXCEPT LiveCycle.

Thanks,

Willie

Community Advisor

smacdonald2008kautuksahni​ Could you please help to move this content to right forum ?

Level 2

Sorry, got busy and forgot to reply that I did find the LiveCycle Designer forum. Thanks again!