Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to create Dynamic Dialog participant for Touch UI.

Community Advisor

Hello All,

We have a requirement where we need to create Dynamic Dialog participant step for our workflow requirement.

For AEM 5.6, I've created custom workflow step at /apps/cq/workflow/components/model and using it. IT is working fine when complete workflow from Inbox, but the same step is not working when we complete workflow from Touch UI Notifications and it is throwing error.

Please find the attached complete error stack trace file.

I think, we have to customize participant step in different location. Please advise.

7 Replies

Level 10

I am looking into this for Touch UI - i will post back my findings. 

Level 10

I followed this article: 

Creating a custom AEM Dynamic Participant step

I created the workflow and then invoked from the Touch UI: 

It was successful. 

See this is the email sent to the admin that is 1st step of the Workflow invoked from the TOuch UI: 

If you are using 5.6 - i recommend using Classic as the TOuch UI in 5.6 had  bugs that may be the cause of this - this was tested on AEM 6.2 - which works perfectly. 

Level 10

I also completed the WF in TOuch UI:

It was successful. 

I will test this on 5.6 to see if it works

Level 10

As i suspected - on 5.6.x - it does not work like it does on 6.2 - i recommend using Classic UI. 

Administrator

Hi 

I have checked it in 6.2, is is working fine with me as well.

You can try another community article:- http://adobeaemclub.com/workflow-dynamic-participant-step/

//

Important Notes:

1. Make sure you are importing the right packages based on the versions of AEM you are using

for AEM 5.6.1 and below use com.day.cq.workflow.* packages
for AEM 6.0 and above use com.adobe.granite.workflow.* packages
else you might not see the participant chooser service in the dropdown.

2. Deploy your service before you create your workflow.

3. On any change in your service and redeploy of the service, refresh your workflow model and reassign the service to the dynamic participant step to pick up the changes.

4. Any workflow instances that are running with the previous version, would not have the latest changes of the service or the workflow.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Community Advisor

Hi Scott & Kautuk,

Thank you very much for your detailed explanation.

It is working for me when we use dynamic participant step and I was able complete workflow from Touch UI as well as Classic UI.

But the issue is with 'Dynamic Dialog Participant' step (I've created custom dialog participant step and placed at " /apps/cq/workflow/components/model/sample_dynamic_dialog"). I was able to see this step from the sidekick and able to drag & drop in the workflow model. As you know, when we use this step, it will provide the option to choose custom dialog in the step, the selected custom dialog will be shown to the user while completing workflow step. But the custom dialog is not working when we complete workflow from Touch UI. Please advise or let me know if you any need any other information on this.

Community Advisor

Hi  All,

Did anyone get a chance to look into this?