Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to create a granite checkbox via JavaScript clientLib in a component dialog?

Level 1

Hello guys, I'm trying to create a checkbox on a dialog through its clientLib's javascript file.
i tried using 

(function (document$) {
    "use strict";

$(document).on("dialog-ready", () => {
        var checkbox = new Coral.Checkbox().set({
            label: {
            innerHTML: "CoralUI Rocks"
            },
            value: "kittens"
        });
        const $classTest = $(".classTest");
        $classTest.apend(checkbox)
    });
})(documentGranite.$Granite.author);

but I couldn't make it work.

Can anyone help me please?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hey @caiosheperd ,

Could you please help with the requirement? I wanted to understand why you want to create the checkbox using code when you already have OOTB?

and still, if you want to do it so there are a couple of steps -

1. You will have to define the granite:class to container or tab where you can identify the exact location with a custom class.

2. Once it is created, you can write the code to append the line of code using javascript. For Example, the below code I am using to create a button in multifield-

(function(document, $) {
"use strict";

$(document).on("foundation-contentloaded", function(e) {

const MULTIFIELD_ACTION = '.cmp-editor-multifield_actions';
const MULTI_ITEM = 'coral-multifield-item-content';
const FORM_FIELD = '.coral-Form-field[name="./banners/item0/./products/item{itemone}/./imageNumber"]';

let items = $(MULTIFIELD_ACTION).find(MULTI_ITEM);
for (let i = items.length - 1; i < items.length; i++) {
let itemone = i;
$(FORM_FIELD.replace('{itemone}', itemone)).after("<button type='button' is='coral-button' variant='default' onclick='myFunction()' class='_coral-Button _coral-Button--primary' size=M'> <coral-button-label class='_coral-Button-label'>Preview Product</coral-button-label></button>");
}
});
})(document, Granite.$);

Let me know your requirement, I can help you with the approach.

Thanks

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hey @caiosheperd ,

Could you please help with the requirement? I wanted to understand why you want to create the checkbox using code when you already have OOTB?

and still, if you want to do it so there are a couple of steps -

1. You will have to define the granite:class to container or tab where you can identify the exact location with a custom class.

2. Once it is created, you can write the code to append the line of code using javascript. For Example, the below code I am using to create a button in multifield-

(function(document, $) {
"use strict";

$(document).on("foundation-contentloaded", function(e) {

const MULTIFIELD_ACTION = '.cmp-editor-multifield_actions';
const MULTI_ITEM = 'coral-multifield-item-content';
const FORM_FIELD = '.coral-Form-field[name="./banners/item0/./products/item{itemone}/./imageNumber"]';

let items = $(MULTIFIELD_ACTION).find(MULTI_ITEM);
for (let i = items.length - 1; i < items.length; i++) {
let itemone = i;
$(FORM_FIELD.replace('{itemone}', itemone)).after("<button type='button' is='coral-button' variant='default' onclick='myFunction()' class='_coral-Button _coral-Button--primary' size=M'> <coral-button-label class='_coral-Button-label'>Preview Product</coral-button-label></button>");
}
});
})(document, Granite.$);

Let me know your requirement, I can help you with the approach.

Thanks

Level 8

Hi @caiosheperd : Not sure what is your exact requirement.
But, if you want to show a checkbox conditionally, you can create a checkbox field and hide it initially and then show/hide based on your condition.

You can refer links here to see how show/hide works: https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/how-to-show-hide-feilds-us...

thanks.