Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to capture the RollOutPage as event in aem

Level 2

I have a new requirement, where I have to capture the Rolloutpage  as an event, when Blueprint of the website or page get updated and after clicking on RollOut page. Can somebody help me with that please

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

See this AEM topic:

https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/administer/sites/multi-site-manager/msm-sync.html

When you perform a roll out  - a node is created. You can write a JCR Event listener that is fired when a node is created as a result of a  rollout occuring.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

See this AEM topic:

https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/administer/sites/multi-site-manager/msm-sync.html

When you perform a roll out  - a node is created. You can write a JCR Event listener that is fired when a node is created as a result of a  rollout occuring.

Level 2

Hi Scott- Thank you for your response for my post. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the newly created nodewhich gets created created when we trigger the rollout. Can you please help me with that. Your help is much appreciated.

Level 10

Look at this section of the docs:

Creating a Rollout Configuration

Create a rollout configuration when the installed rollout configurations do not meet your application requirements. Create the rollout configuration, then add the trigger and synchronazion actions. The new rollout configuration is available when setting rollout configurations on a blueprint or on a Live Copy page.

The following events are available to use as synchronization triggers:

On Rollout: The blueprint page is rolled out.
On Modification: The source page is modified. Be careful when choosing this option as it might cause a lot of network traffic.
On Activation: The source page is activated.
On Deactivation: The source page is deactivated.

Looks like you can config an event when a rollout occurs. 

Level 9

Can you please tell where are you checking about the Roll-Out event node creation?

Generally it will create under /content/<Live Copy>/jcr:content/<Live Sync Config Node> and also which event you have configured for rolling the changes.

Thanks,

Kishore